Sunday, August 29, 2010

Princess lunch and Pin

Ok so I think at the end of the last post I said that I was heading to lunch with the princesses for my friends birthday. It was so much fun. It was at the Norway pavillion at Epcot. We arrived about 15 minutes early so were able to ride the Maelstrom ride inside the pavillion. One of only a few rides in the entire world showcase. After that, we went back to our reservation. There were about 10 of us all together. We were greeted by Belle from Beauty and the Beast. She was doing the greetings at the front door because she couldnt manoevre through the tables coz of the size of her dress.
We sat down at the table and ordered drinks then got some salad and stuff from the buffet. When our meals arrived, the princesses started coming out one by one. First was Aurora (Sleeping Beauty), then Cinderella, then Snow White and finally Ariel. It was cool. They each came up to the table and birthday boy (Danual) had a photo with each f them. They were really cool - they stayed in character - Ariel was amazed that we swam so far to get here ;) I told her we ran into a few sharks on the way but it was no big deal. LoL.
After the lunch was over, we went for a walk around the show case - past all the countries - then headed to the Seas to see finding Nemo. It was a ride perfect for children that went through the Australian current and followed Marlin in his search for Nemo. Then we headed to Turtle Talk with Crush - which was entertaining.
Then we headed home and about 30mins later went to the outlet mall. The outlet mall was amazing - they have everything there - Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klien, Nike, Adidas, Hilfeger etc. All I spent was $15 on a t-shirt - I was quite proud of myself really.
After a long day with the princesses and shopping, we then headed home and I went to bed coz I had to get up for work at 5.30 the next morning.
I was working at a pin convention for 2 days. At Disney, there are little pins that guests can collect. As a cast member, I get a lanyard with 12 pins on it and guests can trade with me. At the convention, it was completely different. I wasnt allowed to wear my lanyard coz the pins that I had people were not interested in. These people are hard core collectors. I met one lady who had about 11,000 pins. People came with suitcases full of them. I was working at the pin board. The guest gets one minute to look at the board and trade 2 pins. The lines were about 40 people long the entire day. I saw the same guests in my line about 4-5 times. It was crazy but it was fun. It made the day go really quickly.
Well, thats all for now. Heading to Epcot tomorrow so I will keep you updated on that. Maybe going to Animal Kingdom sometime this week too. VEry exciting.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment