Monday, August 16, 2010

Last week

Wow, havent been on this in a while, Im sorry.
So, what has happened over the last week or two?? Heaps to be honest. I have met a few people who have been here for 6 months already. They have told me all about their adventures and experiences since January - interesting :)

Just been working quite a bit to tell you the truth. I work in merchandise at a store called Mouse Gear in Disneys Epcot. I worked there for 2 weeks before being deployed. Being deployed means that you move jobs for a short time. You are still working in merch but at a different store. It could be at the same park or anywhere across Disney property. Luckily, I was deployed to a store still at Epcot. That meant a new costume for a week - goody :) I went to get the costume which consists of a bright red shirt with all the countries of the world on it with white pants. I had to make a trip to wal mart to buy some shoes for the week $12 what a bargain. The new store was called towers and it was at the entrance to the world showcase at Epcot. It was right on the water and come 9pm everynight - a perfect view of the fireworks. I like working there for the week. Part of this store, were kiosks outside. They were under cover and had fans but were still outside. I workd in the kiosk for a few hours for 2 days. One of those days, we had to close. There was a storm coming with thunder and lightning. It was funny coz I had guests coming up to me and coz the kiosk was closing, they all assumed the park was too. The storm passed and we were able to open the kiosk again, fun times. Overall, I enjoyed my deployment. But, as they say, all good things come to an end. Back to Mousegear I go.

Yesterday I headed back to mouse gear and was on stock for the night. That was interesting. I had never done it before. I was just checking the stock on the floor and then going down to the stock room and topping it up. Back at Mouse gear tonight.

Im at Epcot everyday but havent actually been there as a guest yet, so heading to Epcot as a guest on Wednesday before work so I will keep you updated on that.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment